Mock driving tests are part of our driver training. Without being familiar with particulars, it is tough to pass PDA. At Driving School WA, we implement our extensive knowledge to help learners pass driving tests with a minimal number of driving lessons. Rules for driving tests in WA apply to every candidate. Regardless of age, you are required to meet the standard set by the Department of Transport.
What are the criteria points when doing driving tests?
To be ready for driving assessment you will have to be familiar with the entire test process. To meet the standard and pass practical driving assessment you will need to pass following criteria: Looking (observing in general), Signaling (using indicators on time and correctly), Flow (completing maneuvers with minimal delay), Movement (starting, stopping and turning smoothly), Path (keeping within prescribed perimeters, not cutting corners etc.), Responsiveness (responding to any crisis reasonably) and Vehicle Management (steering, sitting position, gear selection). Note, there is no substitute for a reasonable number of professional driving lessons.
Is it important to know all the test routes to be able to pass?
We don’t teach our learners how to pass driving tests by knowing the test routes. We teach how to drive safely in any given circumstances. Our learners are familiarized with the test centre area in due course but not with the purpose to make shortcuts in the process of our highly effective driver training program. Call us today for a FREE CONSULTATION. Text or call 0403 727 030 Check our (24/7) Instant Online Booking facility.
As a part of our service, we organize driving tests for our valued learner drivers across Perth, free of charge. We know it may be difficult to find booking dates and times that suit your schedule. Feel free to CONTACT US
To pass a driving assessment in Western Australia, all candidates must meet the standard by achieving at least all minimum scores of the criteria and pass 4 of the 5 sections (minimum requirement), providing that no endorsements are recorded in the “Discontinue” or “Fail” boxes on the assessment sheet. Feel free to contact us for more details.
Practical driving assessment will be DISCONTINUED under following circumstances:
- In the judgment of the assessor, the candidate is not capable of taking the assessment
- Candidate’s vehicle is not roadworthy
- Candidate’s car is not appropriate for the class or a type of licence they are sitting the test for
- Candidate’s vehicle breaks down during the PDA
- A bribe or inducement is offered – if something that would not typically be present during the PDA adversely affects the authenticity or validity of the test
The following list indicates the immediate FAIL of the Practical Driving Assessment
- The assessor gives assistance or has to intervene to avoid a potentially dangerous situation
- Candidate disobeys any regulatory sign or marking
- Candidate speeds
- Candidate disobeys any traffic regulation that immediately or potentially threatens safety
- Candidate drives without wearing seat belt
- Candidate fails to respond to a crisis that would normally be anticipated by an experienced driver
- Candidate causes crisis or potential crisis
- Candidate refuses to attempt or is unable to perform any part of an exercise
- Candidate refuses to follow a reasonable instruction given by the assessor
Driving School WA offers complimentary consultations, so take advantage and give us a call today